Dental Insurance, the Key to Better Dental Care and Health
Your oral health can affect the overall well-being of your entire body. According to Health Canada, heart disease, diabetes and even low-birth-weight babies may be associated with poor oral health. Ultimately, untreated oral diseases can have a negative impact on your quality of life. That’s why it’s important to make regular trips to the dentist—before recurring problems arise—to keep your teeth in good condition.
So how does dental insurance fit into good oral health? Dental insurance can reduce your out-of-pocket costs for routine and unexpected dental care, plus provide the peace of mind that comes from having the financial protection of insurance. With dental insurance, you have better access to the preventive care you need to keep your teeth healthy and beautiful. The better you take care of your teeth, the lower your overall costs for dental care will be.
Special Benefits Insurance Services makes it easy to obtain affordable dental insurance, which is important given the increasing cost of dental care. As the exclusive partner for Green Shield Canada’s Prism health and dental programs, we focus on providing a variety of options. Our dental plans offer Basic Coverage, Comprehensive Basic and Major Services coverage. Within most Prism programs, dental insurance is available in a variety of levels to provide the right kind of coverage at the right price for your family.
Who Qualifies for Dental Insurance
Prism Spectra and Prism Precision are open to all applicants, while only individuals coming off a group plan may apply for Prism Continuum. Dental benefits are available under the following levels:
- Preventative cleaning and polishing
- Routine examinations and X-rays
- Fillings and extractions
- Fluoride treatments for children
- Pit and fissure sealants for children
- Space maintainers for children
- General anaesthetics
Comprehensive Basic Coverage**
- Periodontal treatment, including cleaning and scaling
- Endodontics / root canal therapy
- Denture cleaning, repairs, rebasing and relining
Major Services (available in your third benefit year) **
- Standard crown restorations or onlays on natural teeth
- Standard bridges, including pontics, abutment retainers/crowns on natural teeth
- Standard repair or recementing of crowns, onlays and bridgework on natural teeth
Orthodontics (available in your third benefit year)**
- Orthodontic treatment to straighten teeth and correct the bite
** All dental benefits are based on the current Provincial Dental Association fee guide for general practitioners.
Let one of our knowledgeable representatives help you with your dental insurance needs. Contact us today for answers to any questions you may have or for a free information package that includes an application, benefit details and rates.
Please click on the pictures below to find out more information about a particular program.
Or visit any of these pages now for more details: