British Columbia Health Insurance
Special Benefits Insurance Services offers a number of products to help British Columbia residents address unexpected illnesses and injuries. This can help shield your finances from the high costs of health care by reducing your out-of-pocket expenses. It can also give you the comfort of knowing that you have access to many medical services without paying for them out-of-pocket.
Special Benefits has been providing health insurance in British Columbia since 1993. During that time, we have built a solid reputation for bringing high-quality, affordable insurance solutions to the marketplace. Special Benefits sells a series of health insurance plans for anyone who wants to expand their health insurance coverage. We provide coverage for business owners, retirees, over-age dependents, surviving spouses, part-time and contractor workers. Our health insurance is ideal if you:
- have lost or are not eligible for a company group plan
- would like to supplement your British Columbia Provincial health insurance coverage
The Benefit of Partnering with Us
Special Benefits has been providing health insurance for residents of British Columbia for two decades. We understand the insurance industry and the unique needs of our clients. We are proud to represent Green Shield Canada in British Columbia.
Special Benefits offers:
- Convenience – One-stop shopping that gives you access to some of the best insurance products in the industry
- Quality – High-quality British Columbia health insurance options with Green Shield Canada
- Affordable Options – Economically-priced insurance products to fit your budget and needs
- Financial Security – A practical safety net that helps to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses
British Columbia Health Insurance from Special Benefits
Special Benefits has the experience, expertise and products to provide the best health insurance solutions for your needs. We have an exclusive partnership with Green Shield Canada to sell the Prism programs: Prism Spectra, Prism Precision and Prism Continuum.
The Prism programs offer several different plans, each with varying levels of coverage. These products:
- make it easy to select a health plan that’s right for you and your family
- guarantee acceptance with coverage for pre-existing conditions with no medical exam or questionnaire in some plans
- offer a broad range of coverage for everything from prescription drugs, dental and vision care to specialists, therapists and hospital accommodation.
Our Prism programs also offer other benefits to enhance your British Columbia health insurance coverage. These extended benefits include:
- hearing aids and other medical items
- medical and home support services
- vision (available with most plans)
- ambulance transportation
- travel (for those under age 65)
A Perfect Way to Supplement Provincial Insurance
Our Prism health insurance programs are ideal if you do not have group or private insurance or need to supplement your provincial insurance coverage. While provincial insurance covers many medically-necessary procedures, it has a number of coverage limitations that can restrict your access to health care. For instance, provincial British Columbia Provincial health insurance generally does not cover:
- routine eye examinations for individuals 19 to 64 years of age
- eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, and other equipment or appliances
- prescription drugs
- dental services
- chiropractic, massage therapy, naturopathy, physical therapy and podiatry or psychologist services
Contact us for more information about the benefits of our British Columbia health insurance plans. Request a no-obligation quote or a free information package today!