If you go on two or more adventures throughout the year, you may want to consider covering up to a full year’s worth of travel with one of our affordable multi-trip annual plans.
While you can buy essential travel insurance policies that are tailored to cover each individual trip you take out of your province or country, you can also purchase an annual travel insurance policy that covers ANY trip you take — and having that in place delivers the magic of protection whenever you need it!
Here’s a good rule of thumb to remember: if you travel more than twice a year, a multi-trip plan is a usually a better deal than if you pay for each trip individually. That’s right. If you travel a lot, multi-trip policies are generally less expensive than buying travel insurance for each trip you take.
Check for yourself: if you already know how long your upcoming trips will be, get a quote for travel insurance for each trip. (It’ll only take you five minutes online). Then get a quote for multi-trip coverage to see how much you’d save.
A multi-trip plan can provide coverage durations of 4, 10, 18, 30, 35 or 60 days per trip outside of your province or outside of Canada — as many times as you want throughout the year.
It’s the easiest and most cost-effective option for cross-border shoppers, business travellers or anyone who travels more than once a year.
If you need to extend your trip (your one-month stay abroad just wasn’t enough?) you can top up coverage for any extra days you will stay beyond your original chosen trip duration.
You will also get an automatic 72 hour extension of coverage if your trip is delayed, due to weather or mechanical breakdown.
There is no need to notify us before every trip, so you never have to miss the chance to be spontaneous! Did you get that invite for a quick family visit away? Or win a dream weekend adventure? Or want to take advantage of a last minute travel deal? With just one plan, you are covered for multiple trips throughout the year, so you can pack up and go without the hassle of contacting SBIS to get your coverage in place.
For maximum coverage, you can have multi-trip travel insurance for medical emergencies as well as for Trip Cancellation & Interruption or lost baggage, including
Emergency Medical benefits for up to $10 million to cover expenses for
- Emergency treatment, including ambulance transportation
- Paramedical services and emergency dental treatment
- Emergency medical evacuation home
- Repatriation of bodily remains
- Bringing someone to your beside or return home children in the care of the insured or return your travel companion
- Additional expenses for meals and hotel
- Return home of vehicle or pet
- Hospital allowance
- Child care
- Return of excess baggage
Trip Cancellation & Interruption Benefits
- Reimbursement of the prepaid portion of the trip that is non-refundable and non-transferable to another travel date for a covered event
Baggage Loss, Delay and Damage Coverage
- Funds for replacement of a lost or stolen passport, driver’s license, birth certificate or travel visa
- Costs for necessary toiletries and clothing when luggage is delayed by the carrier for at least 10 hours while the insured is on route.
Flight & Travel Accident Protection
- If an accidental bodily injury causes the insured to die or be severely injured, you may qualify for a lump sum benefit of up to $100,000.
And you will have worldwide access to a toll-free help line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Multi-trip plans tend to have lower limits on trip cancellation/interruption benefits when compared to single-trip plans. To fully protect an expensive luxury vacation, you may want to upgrade your trip cancellation coverage to match the full amount of your most expensive planned trip.
When it comes to planning ahead for the trips you know about and the ones you don’t, a multi-trip emergency medical or all-inclusive insurance plan is the smart (and affordable) choice for all your protection needs. Visit us online to buy yours today, or give us a call.