Educating yourself on travel insurance may not seem exciting, but sometimes just understanding how important travel insurance was in one person’s experience can be eye-opening.
Purchasing travel insurance not only protects you and your loved ones from emergency medical expenses while travelling, it also helps to protect your bank account.
Malcolm from Charlottetown, PEI was having a blast on a ski trip until his vacation went downhill — but after he saved almost $17,000 on medical costs he thought things were looking up again.
Even if you don’t know Malcolm, you likely know many people who have been saved by travel insurance from hundreds or thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs from emergency medical expenses.
It’s so important to travel with protection, and you can trust the companies SBIS trusts (like Manulife, Destination Travel, RSA or Tugo) to pay your qualified claim.
Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, unexpected travel and health problems can occur. Help protect your trip and keep disruptions to a minimum with travel insurance — it’s simple, affordable coverage for emergency medical expenses, baggage loss, trip cancellations and more.
- Benefit from comprehensive coverage for trips as short as a few days or as long as 365 days, provided your Canadian government health insurance plan remains in effect during your entire trip
- Choose from single-trip or multi-trip plans, depending on your lifestyle and travel frequency
- If you have children, they can benefit from the same protection as you when you all travel together
- If you are under 60, no medical questionnaire is required when you apply and answer a few short questions
- With some insurers, you can save 50% when you travel entirely within Canada
- Get affordable coverage for the entire family — up to three generations
- Access worldwide travel assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Don’t let an unfortunate experience while you are away from home become a financial nightmare. Travel insurance does more than protect you from out-of-pocket costs — it makes facing the most difficult circumstances a lot easier.
Get help covering unexpected medical expenses when you travel. Thinking about getting travel insurance now? Click to go online or call to us today at 1-800-667-0429. We’re open from Monday to Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. ET. At SBIS, we are always here to help.