Alberta Health Insurance
Your health affects your entire quality of life, so why not protect it with a health insurance plan for Alberta residents from Special Benefits Insurance Services? Health Insurance can you give you the protection you need from unexpected medical expenses. This can make it easier to access the service you require, not to mention lessen your out of pocket expenses.
Special Benefits is an independent broker that offers a variety of health insurance plans for individuals who want to enhance their insurance coverage. Our health insurance plans are especially designed for Albertans who have lost or do not qualify for group coverage, including:
- Small business owners, entrepreneurs and self-employed professionals
- Retired, semi-retired, part-time and contractor workers
- Students, over-age dependents and surviving spouses
- Anyone seeking the financial protection and peace of mind that an Alberta health insurance plan can provide
Alberta Health Insurance Plans Available from Special Benefits
At Special Benefits, our goal is to assist you with finding the right coverage for your specific needs and budget. We offer access to affordable, high-quality health insurance products through an exclusive partnership with Green Shield Canada. We are proud to bring you the Prism health insurance programs that offer varying levels of coverage so you can select an option that best fits your situation.
The Prism health insurance product is available in three different programs:
- Prism Spectra: Ideal for healthy individuals with few pre-existing health problems. It’s a great option for providing for your future medical needs.
- Prism Precision: Well suited for those with pre-existing conditions. It guarantees enrollment and requires no medical exam or questionnaire.
- Prism Continuum: A great choice for people who are coming off a group insurance plan with pre-existing health conditions. Coverage is guaranteed if you apply within 60 days of losing your group health benefits.
Extended Health Benefits
Each Prism program offers additional benefits to enhance your Alberta health insurance coverage. These extended benefits cover:
- Vision (available with most Prism plans)
- Accidental Dental
- Ambulance Transportation
- Hearing Aids
- Home Support Services
- Medical Items
- Medical Services
- Registered Therapists (chiropractor, foot care specialist, naturopath, osteopath, physiotherapist, massage therapist and speech therapist)
- Travel (under age 65)
- Hospital Accommodation (optional on Prism Spectra and Prism Precision, included with Prism Continuum)
How Special Benefits Can Help You Fill the Void
An Alberta health insurance plan from Special Benefits can help you fill the void if you lack adequate insurance coverage. It’s the perfect way to supplement your provincial insurance, which can be quite limited in scope. Alberta’s Provincial health insurance generally does not cover:
- Prescription drugs
- Dental services
- Ground ambulance costs
- Routine eye exams for residents 19 to 64 years of age
- Eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Chiropractic, acupuncturist, licensed massage therapist, naturopath, osteopath, physiotherapy or psychology services
- Hospital Accommodation
- Hearing aids
- Medical and surgical appliances, prosthetics, supplies, mobility devices, etc.
Learn more about how our Alberta health insurance plans can help protect your finances and peace of mind. Request a no-obligation quote or a free information package today!